27 Nov 101 Great Blog Post Ideas for Travel Companies
In this, the digital age, it’s safe to say that blogging is the go-to form of online marketing. It serves a multitude of purposes and can bring in lucrative business if done well. Blogging can create click-throughs from your social media to your website, generating sales, for example. It is popularly used as a tool to build brand image too.
In reality, there is so much content out there that customers are getting more and more savvy about what they read and more importantly, what they share. In order to keep up with your ever-evolving community of customers, you’ve got to keep your blogs fresh, inspiring and share-worthy.
Many people find creating snappy titles the hardest part of blogging. This, along with not knowing what to write about and finding the time to write means that blogging often gets left by the wayside. This is not the way it should be! Blogging is a fun way to express your company’s creativity and personality.
PIN this for later?
The beauty of the travel niche is that there is always something to write about. People want to be invited into our world of wanderlust and to experience travel in a whole new way.
As a team of travel professionals, we know that finding the inspiration to create original content can be hard at times. To help keep those creative juices flowing and those click-throughs rolling in we have created this list of 101 travel blog post ideas for you to browse through.
We’ve divided them into different categories to make life that bit easier and to help you find the perfect title for you.
101 ideas may take a little minute to read through so grab yourself a coffee (we all work best when caffeinated) and a muffin (because muffins are tasty) and delve into what may just be the most inspirational article you’ll read this week!
Let’s take a look;
There are hundreds of thousands of people out there who spend a great deal of time seeking inspiration for their next trip; big or small. If your travel company specialises in several destinations then creating blogs about each one individually allows readers to create a clear image of each place in their minds and most importantly, get booking!
- 25 Things You Have to Visit in Brussels
- Must Visit Restaurants in Paris
- Best Attractions for Families in Bangkok
- Phuket or Bali – Which Do You Prefer?
- Visiting Auckland on a Budget
- 100 Safest Countries in the World
- 17 Places in South Africa That You Need to Visit
- 50 Best Places to Learn to Surf
- 20 Ideas to Help You Travel Cheap
- Around the World in 80 Photos
- Safari Sights Caught on Camera
- 16 Photos You’ll Want to Take in Japan
- The People I Met – A Diary of Selfies with New Travel Friends
Photo of the Day
- The Epitome of Russia – Photo of the Day
Guidance for Gallivanting
If your inspirational posts are effective then the next step is to guide your readers through the trip. Step-by-step guides are very popular and are a great way to demonstrate your company’s expertise. Itinerary suggestions are a sure fire way to induce wanderlust and cultural insights are useful preparation tools.
Whether you offer products for specific destinations or cover more generalised areas like over-landing or travel insurance, blogs are a great opportunity to demonstrate that you’re the leaders in your field. Securing your company as the first port of call for your readers is very important indeed.
- 6 Steps to Booking Your Mediterranean Cruise
- Step By Step Guide to Solo Travel in India
- Interrailing Europe – A Step By Step Guide to Planning
- The Ultimate Guide to Backpacking South America
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling Oz on a Budget
- Hitchhiking – The Complete Guide
- How to Travel by Train in India
- How to Make the Most of Your Time in Europe
- How to Be a Good Hostel Roommate
- How to Experience London for Free…nearly!
- 10 Things All First Time Travellers Forget
- 5 Things to Look For in a Quality Travel Insurance Policy
- The Ultimate Packing Checklist
- 3 Things to Tick Off Before You Fly
- 24-Hours in Madrid – The Best Itinerary
- A Long Weekend in Rome – How to Maximise Your Time Away
- Two Weeks in France – The Perfect Family Getaway
Pros and Cons
- The Pros and Cons of Cruises
- The Pros and Cons of Traveling with Young Kids
- 6 Secrets for Getting Cheap Flights
- Kolkata’s Hidden Gems – What the Guidebooks Won’t Tell You
- Off the Beaten Track in Nepal – Go Wild
- Chiang Mai – The Local’s Hangouts
Info, Info and More Info
Travellers, tourists and explorers all like to know what they’re getting themselves into. Although you can never truly get a feel for a place until you visit, blogs are a great way to introduce your audience to the intricacies of a culture in order to best prepare for their visit.
These kinds of articles are a great way to capture a new audience through search engine optimisation which in turn puts your brand in the limelight for a wider range of readers.
- 17 Things You Need to Know Before Visiting Italy
- 7 Things We Bet You Didn’t Know About Brazil
- Why Holi Festival is the Highlight of the Hindu Calendar
Recipes and Delicacies
- How to Make the Best Pad Thai
- Why New Zealand Ice Cream Is the Best
- A Guide to Making Nepali Dal Bhat at Home
- 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Paris
- 15 Interesting Things You’ll Learn in Indonesia
- 6 Unbelievable Facts About the Amazon Rainforest
Learn the Lingo
- 7 Phrases To Help You Make Friends in Fiji
- How To Teach Yourself German At Home
- 10 Top Questions Everyone Asks Before Visiting Zambia
- 7 Questions We All Need Answered Before We Visit China
- Customer Questions: What Did You Want to Know This June?
Entertain While You Inspire
With so much content popping up on our newsfeeds throughout the day it’s safe to say that we’re all seeking a giggle or something light-hearted to distract us from the day-to-day routine.
These kinds of posts are a great way to encourage readers to share posts which in turn drives more traffic towards your social media platforms and websites.
- Today’s Tale – How Missing Your Train is the Biggest Adventure of All
- Hitchhiking Horror Stories – How Not to Hitchhike!
- The Time I Walked to the End of the Rainbow
- 10 Quotes to Ignite Your Wanderlust – Posting this with an eye-catching infographic is a must!
Series of Stories
A Journey Through Nepal:
- Part 1 – Kathmandu and the Rolling Valley
- Part 2 – Perfect Pokhara
- Part 3 – Jungle Fever
- Part 4 – Hiking the Himalayas
Up To The Minute
What makes the travel niche so exciting to write about is that there is always something new to discuss. The tourism industry is ever evolving and everyone is working hard to up their game.
With that in mind, by following trends you can create blogs that are not only about trending topics but demonstrate your up to the minute expertise too. By jumping on the bandwagon you can create positive associations with your brand and the latest trends.
News and Events
- Brexit – Why You Shouldn’t Let Political Change Taint Your Vacation
- Four Years On – How Has Typhoon Haiyan Impacted Travel in the Philippines
- 6 Weeks of Summer – 6 Unmissable European Music Festivals
- How to Celebrate Songkran in Thailand
Open Letters and Opinions
- An Open Letter to United Airlines
- An Open Letter to Thailand – Improve Welfare for Elephants in Tourism
Tug At the Heartstrings
Tugging at the heartstrings of readers is a sure fire way to get your article shared. It’s not only the emotional posts that get the most click-throughs but also the funny posts too. Writing emotive pieces can be a great way to increase shares and encourage your audience to participate in the discussion you start. It goes without saying that the more relatable the blog is the more successful it will be.
- How This Guy Went From Waiter to Digital Nomad In 6 Months
- 25 Reasons Why Travelling is Good for the Soul
- How to Change the World While You Travel
- India – The 10 Things I Hate About You
- Why Do Millennials Only Travel to ‘Instagrammable’ Destinations?
- Budget Airlines – Never, Ever, Again
- 16 Things You’ll Only Get If You’ve Been to Cambodia
- 7 Signs You’re A True Backpacker
- Best Travel Memes of 2017
- Funny Google Translate Fails
Play the Devil’s Advocate
- Why Travelling Solo as A Woman is the Worst Thing You Can Do
- Japan’s Dolphin Hunt is Good for the Oceans
- 9 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Go To China. Period.
Getting your readers to engage with your blogs is really important. Not only does it help to build a community around your brand but also offers you the chance to gain insight into what your audience wants to read about. There are countless ways to encourage reader input, particularly through the use of social media.
- Ask clients to write about their travel experience with your brand
- Ask other travel companies to write about how your brand complements theirs
- Host a travel blogger’s post on your company’s blog
- Interview a Client
- Interview Industry Specialists; including your staff
- Interview a group of travel bloggers and make a listicle blog with their opinions and insights: We Spoke to 12 Expats to Find Out What They Love About Life in Costa Rica
- How Much Do You Know About Guatemala?
- Are You Ready To Take a Gap Year?
- What Kind of Holiday Suits You Best?
- 6 Travel Experts Explain Why Bali is Best this Summer
- 10 Travel Bloggers Tell Us How Travel Changed Their Lives
- The World’s Best National Parks for Wildlife – According to Jungle Guides
Although one of the main aims of blogging is to sell products, being a port of call for useful information for your readers has its benefits. Sharing your company’s knowledge and advice goes a long way in establishing and maintaining your credibility.
All In One Resources
- The Ultimate List of Resources for Organising your European Adventure
- All the Resources You Need to Plan Your Gap Year
- Best Travel Blogs from Canada
- Our Favourite Travel Tweets This Month
- Top 5 Digital Nomad Instagram Accounts
Versatility is Key
Although blogging is traditionally a short-sharp bout of prose scattered with photos, this formula should be played around with to establish what works best for your company. If predictions are correct, video is another way forward in 2018;
- Visit Sri Lanka in 2 Minutes
- Must Do New Zealand – Destination Guide
- Interview one of your company’s specialists about their job, their advice and their opinions of your niche.
- The People We Met on the Train to Hanoi – Live Interviews from the Tracks
- Tourist Arrivals to Asia in May
- Favourite Apps Used by Travellers
- Where to Find Wild Tigers
Don’t Forget Personality
Blogging is a chance to develop your company’s voice, to build a camaraderie with your readers and to bring your brand into their lives. The more personal and relatable your content the easier this will be.
Updates from the Company
- Big News for 2018
- Meet the Team
- What We’ve Learned…
- 10 Things to Put On Your Bucket List NOW!
- 6 Things We’ve Taken Off Our Bucket List and Why.
That was a lot of ideas! Did you have to make yourself a second cup of coffee? So there you go, 101 ideas to help you kick start or rekindle your company’s blog. There’s little use in just storing up great ideas though, now is as good of a time as ever to get writing.
Although quality content is key, it takes a snappy title to entice the reader in. Here at the Travel Content Collective, this is what we do best; matching the highest quality content with effective titles and headlines.
If you have great ideas of your own and want help seeing them come to fruition then you’re in the right place. Reach out to us today to see how we can be of assistance to your travel company.
Like this post? Please PIN it!